|Season 1, Episode 4|
|Air date||3 June, 2004|
Hide and Seek
Polly Parrot is episode 4 of the first season of Peppa Pig.
Peppa and George arrive to their grandparents house with Mummy Pig and Daddy Pig. They head inside to find a surprise waiting for them, a brand new pet that Granny Pig and Grandpa Pig decided to get, a parrot they named Polly. They demonstrate how Polly can copy Granny, and when Peppa asks why Polly does that, Mummy explains that it's a thing all parrots do. The adults then head to the kitchen for some tea and call for Peppa and George.
In the kitchen, Peppa and George hurry up to go and play with Polly some more. But when they find Polly, they suddenly get very quiet and nervous when approaching her. They speak to her and laugh as she responds to the things they say. Then the two of them pretend to be parrots too by waving their arms and copying each other.
Eventually it's time to go. Granny comes in to ask Peppa if they were playing with Polly, but when she tries to speak to Polly, she says something Peppa said to her earlier and keeps repeating it.
At first everyone is shocked but they begin to realize how funny it is and soon everyone is on the floor laughing. Including Polly.
- Granny Pig: Hello my little ones, come inside. We have a surprise.
- Peppa: What is it?
- Granny Pig: We have a new pet.
- Granny: Peppa, George, this is our pet parrot. She's called Polly.
- This is the first episode to feature Granny Pig, Grandpa Pig and Polly Parrot.
- This is the first episode to take place outside of the Pig Family house.
- This is the first episode to introduce a pet.